It has turned my non-reader, who struggled so much, into a confident well equipped reader who is beginning to see the fun in reading! Not many things have been easy for Preslie. She's had to overcome much, but after 2 years of weekly tutoring and lots of work at home, she reads. Having the skills to figure out words and read and spell them is so empowering. To be able to pick up virtually anything and find success is tremendous.
We've been building skills for several years and we'd see glimpses of the fruit of our labor but now, she's taking off! Her confidence is shining through and as we near the completion of the program she also is able to enjoy what it feels like to work hard, not quit and finish it! Many great life skills have been developed over the past two years in the program.
I don't know the why's to the obsticles she's had to overcome but I know God equipped her with the determination, strength, will and ability to overcome with success. Every week, she happily goes to her tutoring session with a great attitude. Her tutor praises her for her willingness and cooperation and tells her how much it makes a difference in her success. Every day we practice what she's learning and every day we see progress. It gets easier. WIthout this program I'm not sure where we'd be but fortunately we have it and I'm grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment