This pictures is 7 years ago but it's one of my favorites. I remember the night this was taken and remember being thankful for my mom.
Everything good I am as a mom, I learned from my mom. Mom was and is the best example of a mom I could ever imagine. She's the most self-less, nurturing, loving mom and despite the fact that I'm a grown adult, she still is mom to me. As the years have passed she's become friend and I'm incredibly thankful for her.
When my brothers were 5 and 8 she told my dad she still wanted 'her girl' and I grew up knowing that I was prayed for and wanted. That does something amazing to a child. My mom didn't always grow up feeling loved or wanted but never, not once, did she pass that on to us. Instead, she made it known in action and words that we were very much wanted and cherished!
I'm grateful she and dad wanted the best for us!
My mom was always available and constant. I have so many happy memories of her reading me books, playing with my hair, teaching me to cook, creating traditons I would cherish and duplicate, teaching me to drive, shopping for my wedding dress, helping me plan, watching my children be brought into this world, taking long walks, enjoying family dinners, passing down recipes and above everything else showing me how to love. She made a point to be at home with us before and after school. I know she had to get tired, but she always made sure we had been taken care of first. She was that mom who had freshly baked cookies when I got home from school, a hot breakfast before I left and a home cooked meal every night. Truly, she was the heartbeat of our home in every way.
Mom was a devoted, loving wife to my dad! Even though she was only 19 when they married, she took the vows seriously and I'm grateful for the faithfulness through the good and the bad. She showed me how to not give up but to love through it all and come out stronger and better!
I love you Mom. I'm grateful for all you've passed on to me and thankful that you love me!
I'm thankful for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment