Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ice Bowl - Take 2

❄️Bedlam is approaching. So is ice, sleet and snow. I'm reminded that in 1985 Oklahoma was in a similar position. Lori and I headed back to Stillwater for the Bedlam game and a freak ice storm approached, including thunder and lightning. Yet, we went to the game anyway. 

By halftime, the windchill was -4. It was miserable. I vividly remember the shoes I was wearing. They were termed 'duck shoes' and were meant for rain. Not freezing rain. My feet were numb. But, being the non-quitter that I am...I stayed. We hung in there til the bitter end. The Sooners beat our COWBOYS 13-0. 



They looked almost exactly like this! I think I may be making this purchase again. Yes, they are still sold.


a photo from that game dubbed the "Ice Bowl" 

Fast forward 28 years and here we are again.  But this time, it's my son who will be facing the OU/OSU game in the potentially single digit windchills, ice and snow! Lori's daughter, a soon to be OSU Cowboy, will also be attending. I never dreamed another generation would repeat this event! I think the outcome will be much different but I love that the memories remain and are somewhat duplicated! One fun fact Gundy was a player when I was at OSU but now he is coach!

GO POKES!!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...