Monday, December 23, 2013

Mixed Bag

Hard to put into words how much I have loved having all my family home together the past few weeks! With almost no agenda and the freedom to do things as they come up has been amazing. With only a few exceptions when Hunter has been out hunting...family dinners with all 6 of us around the table is the highlight of my day. We've watched movies, shopped, played games and enjoyed family. Plain and simple. I am going to miss them come January but I'm not dwelling on that - just enjoying each day in the moment! 
We went to our Church Christmas service - Celebrate Christmas and it was extraordinary! I love that tradition so much and I'm grateful Mom, Shawn and Scotty get to go with us each year! The chalk drawing is just a small window into the God-given talent the people at COTM are blessed with as they glorify God! Crazy!
In the mix of all the great things that have been going on - we've had 3/4 of our kids to the doctor this past week. All 3 on antibiotics and all 3 with different stuff. There has been napping and lots of TLC!
This is, hands down, my very favorite Christmas movie ever! We watched it this week. Honestly, not sure my kids really enjoy it like I do. But, they love me and endure it and probably even enjoy it a little. One day I know, they will appreciate it! Even Rick took about a decade to love it! (Love may be too strong - haha!) But we watch it and I love it! 

I grew up watching it with my family and as an adult, relate to it so much. Rick, like George, is a banker.  We have 4 kids. I, like Mary, desperately desire and try to be a great mom and to make our house a home. We've got cooky family members and heroes. Family is important - and so are friends. My favorite line comes at the end - No man is a failure who has friends! Such truth. 

 I love knowing our Heavenly Father gives the angels charge over us - to protect and care for us. God knows all and sees all of our days from the 1st to the last. It's all recorded. George thought everyone would have been better had he never been born. He was given a great gift of seeing how much his life mattered in the lives of so many around him. Our lives do matter and have value! While we may not see the impact we have on others this side of heaven, we can be certain if we're here, we have purpose. George also saw who really cared about him when times got desperate. I was given the opportunity to see people I didn't know cared so much come to love on and care for our family in a great time of need. What a gift. Every day I realize the simple truth that God has richly blessed me and my family.

 It is a wonderful life! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...