Yesterday our Christmas Vaca was extended by extremely frigid temperatures and snow covered roads. When school was canceled we all felt we'd been given a gift. I was hit with the thought at the moment the text was received... 'What if I treated every single day like a snow day!' You know, that surge of excitement and the feeling of gladness that we were just given a bonus day. Not wanting to waste the day but enjoy it. Making and taking time to do things we might not do on an 'ordinary' day. Treating it as special.
Shouldn't every day be viewed in that light? Isn't every day a gift? God has been whispering to my heart over the past several days two simple words. Be present. I am keenly aware that our Christmas break is winding down. Little by little life goes from a break to a routine. But each day is precious and I want to be with the people in my very presence and not let the distractions of to-do lists, phones and social media, thoughts or worries steal my time with them. In several ways God has driven this point home to me over the past few days and I'm awed by Him every single time He shows me something and confirms it for me. He is so faithful.
Memories are being made. I don't want to miss a thing. All of 2013 God reminded me that even the ordinary is extraordinay when done with the right people! I'm so thankful for the ability to create memories, live in the moment and reflect back on neat times together. God did such an amazing thing by letting our minds capture, record and reflect on the gifts of time He gives us. I'm so thankful for the precious times we had over the past few weeks especially. Moments I will not forget or take for granted. I've captured them all in my heart.
Today, we get back into the routine of 'normal life' and there is a place for that as well. I'm grateful for routine and yet I choose today, and every day, to make sure I don't miss out on the moment by looking back or ahead. I choose to be present.
This is the day that The Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment