Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Little PSA

When it comes to blogging...I have no desire to become anything more than a wife and mom who blogs to keep track of life! I will one day get to the point of getting all 4 kids scrapbooks up-to-date. However, today is not that day! Thankfully, I'm too busy making memories and living life to sit down and scrapbook. But this blog allows me to write, which I do enjoy, and keep a running record of things I want to go back and record in scrapbooks. Some day. 

I'm humbled that anyone comes here to keep up. I'm always awed when people tell me that read my blog! It's a bonus because it's really just something I do for me. But, knowing people do pop over here I wanted to share something I'm about to do. If it works out, I will let you know so you can try it too, should you so choose. IF it works out I will be doing this to send back with Hunter next time he's home. He loves a home cooked meal and he has become quite a cook. This little time-saver might be a huge help to him, and me, and maybe you!

I saw this on twitter and immediately thought, brilliant! Being efficient is a huge thing for me. If it involves a crockpot, even better!! I love anything that simplifies and makes life easier. It's critical to me that I make delicious, home cooked meals for my family every night! I love to love my people with food. I swear I could've been a mom in the 50's and been happy as a lark! I can just picture me in a stream-lined dress, heels and pearls making dinner for my husband and children! I'm not even kidding! Anyway.

This recipe allows a family of 4 (which we are not) dinners for 5 nights. I figure I just need to maybe make a recipe and 1/2 to fit our family's needs. On day one you make a crockpot full of this yummy sounding chicken and it will provide the basis for 5 dinners!

Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken -dinner number 1

2 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1 tsp coriander
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
6 lbs chicken breasts
2 chopped onions
6 garlic cloves
1 chopped bell pepper
28 oz diced tomatoes
16 oz corn kernals 
2 diced zucchini

Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Layer chicken and the final 6 ingredients in the crockpot. Pour the 1st six mixed ingredients over the top. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours. Shred the chicken. It will be used for the next 4 meals. They are quick to assemble and sound delish!

Serve over rice. Don't eat it all ;)

Next meals -

Soft tacos verde w/ chicken
Pulled chicken sandwiches with slaw
Chicken Salad Croissants
Black Bean and Corn Tortilla Soup


No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...