Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Celebration Day

In life there are those days where you remember every last detail. Where you are at every moment, how the day began and how it ended and everything in between. The day each of our children were born are like that for me and I've captured every memory and hidden them in my heart. I can vividly remember when and how labor started. What my thoughts were. Who I called and who was with me. Conversations and laughter. Anticipation and anxiousness. Encouragement and celebrations. Thankfulness.

I woke this morning a few minutes before our alarm sounded. I was able to think back to 11 years ago and thank God for the gift we received on January 14, 2003. About the same time that I woke today, eleven years ago I woke with the beginnings of labor. The day we would welcome the much awaited and anticipated birth of our baby. What a gift she is to us. God knew every detail before I did. He knew how much I would need this child as I would begin the biggest battle of my life. He knew what a joy she would be to our family. He graciously mixed in so many blessings and provisions along that journey. Preslie, like each of us, is fearfully and wonderfully made!
She is our great reward (Psalm 127:3).
 
I am beyond and simply grateful for the life of Preslie. Today is her special day. The day we celebrate her life and all she is to us. Today I will tell her again the story of the day she was born. How grateful we are for her and how deeply she is loved.  I love her more than words can express!
 
Happy Birthday Preslie!
You are loved.
 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...