I have been fortunate even before I was born. I was loved and wanted. I recognize that this is not true for way too many people. I am grateful it was not true for me. My mom (and Dad) wanted me. They loved me always and never failed to show it.
I'm grateful I grew up in a home full of love and safety. Sheltered from much of the world no doubt. Everything my mom did for me was rooted and grounded in love.
By example she taught me everything I know. My mom loved, nurtured and cared for me always. Even as an adult she still does. I learned how to make a house feel like a home. How to love and forgive. How to care for others and serve. How to be a friend. How to be a wife. How to love Jesus. How to be a mom. All of this was caught by watching her rather than taught by words. She just lived it.
My mom has always been my number one fan. I didn't always make it easy either. But, she loved me anyway. Never gave up on me. There aren't words enough to express my gratitude. I'm thankful for the heart full of memories I have of me and my mom. Too many to name or count. I love looking at these really old pictures of me and Mom. I certainly have more recent ones of better picture quality, but these I especially love.
I'm grateful that I get to enjoy my mom as a part of my life each and every day, not just on Mother's Day. I'm grateful my kids have grown up knowing and loving her and being loved by her. They too will go on to live out life following her example.
No one loves like a mama!




1 comment:
Hey there!
Miss y'all so much. I hope that everything is going well. I just found your blog. You are such a beautiful writer!
Thought i'd say hello!
Reagan : )
Post a Comment