Storms in life are inevitable. We all know that. But, God is the God over the storms in life and during those storms I've found I see Him the most clearly and sense His presence and love most deeply. Leaning on Him in trust and dependence.
I'm reminded of Isaiah 4:6 which says, "It (the day of The Lord) will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, a refuge and hiding place from the storm and the rain." I've also learned that both during and after the storm, it's then I am reminded of His beautiful promises. Ones I cling to through the storm and afterward He soothes me with.
We've had storms (weather storms not life storms) the past few days which brought much needed rain to our land. Our pond is now full again, the cracks in the ground have subsided and everything looks greener. We were enjoying our Sunday extended family dinner when we saw it. A beautiful rainbow. Such a gorgeous and real reminder that all of God's promises are true and beautiful.
Just filling up the dark sky!
It's not often I see the entire rainbow, but as we stepped all the way out on the patio we could most definitely see the entire arch of His beautiful work. The thought struck me that the rainbow was symbolic of how sometimes we only see in part, but othertimes He graciously shows us all. I love the sun shining through revealing another truth that the light penetrates the dark. The shadow cast on the ground and the reminder of Psalm 91:1 which says, "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." What a fabulous and reasurring promise to hold tight.
After snapping more pictures and standing outside staring at the sky in awe of the wonders He showed us, we looked to the right to see another wonderful reminder. A double rainbow. It's not real easy to see in this picture, but the tree is right between the two rainbows. All in one evening, we had so many examples of His great love.
Isaiah 61:7 says, "And so, you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours." Additionally, Zechariah 9:12 says, "Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope, even today I declare that I will restore double to you." - What a God of abundance we serve.
I'm grateful for the God who never leaves or forsakes and who still lights up the sky with a visual reminder of His faithfulness to His promises.




No comments:
Post a Comment