In 1999 we adopted a tiny little black puppy from our pastor and his wife. Rick was out of town, I was having breakfast with our pastor's wife and she was looking for a home for a new puppy. They were given the puppy as a gift and they already had pets.
I called Rick and told him the dilemma. I asked. He said yes. Done! So, we took her and loved her. Hunter was 6 and Kyleigh was about to turn 2 years old. Addison and Preslie were not born yet.
Bailey was here before Lexi or Bo. She's been with us a very long time. 15 1/2 years.
In April of 2012 she had a stroke. This picture was taken that day. We began giving her aspirin every day and have since that time. She seemed good and happy.
But, the past few months she had really started declining. We knew the time had come to be merciful. She was so thin and had trouble walking...BUT, she still seemed happy. She ate, drank and wagged her tail. I kept waiting for that to cease so it would be easier. It never did.
But, we knew it was time. So, we did the best thing for her. The hard thing for us. Many tears have been shed. Rick buried her beneath a tree and we'll always have her memories in our hearts.
She's been a sweet girl and we miss her already.


No comments:
Post a Comment