Friday, July 11, 2014

Missing this kid...


Bo - being a lap dog is a relative term. 

For the past 21 summers this kid has been home. Most of our summers from age 5-21 were spent watching him play baseball all over the place. This summer he's been a camp counselor and has only been home a handful of days in May and once in June. His absence is always palpable. But I'm thankful he is wrapped up in his desire to love and serve Jesus. 

Tomorrow he'll be home for somewhere between 8-30 hours and I can hardly wait. There will be steaks on the grill and some of his favorite foods for him to enjoy while he's here. I'll get to wash up clothes for him and know for a while the 6 of us are all together under one roof. That small, simple pleasure does wonders for my soul.


No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...