Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Important Work


I saw this quote recently and thought how fortunate I am to have 4 children. Especially on days like today.  One of our associate pastors said (jokingly) if we have 4 or more children, we're borderline superhero! HAH Too funny! I just feel super-blessed! But seriously, what a gift and privilege it is to be a mom. I'm grateful.

This week 50% of our children home from school because they didn't feel well. I'm grateful I didn't have to make the choice that far too many moms are faced with when their kids are sick. I am fortunate to just let them be home and rest - for as many days as it takes. And I get to be here to get them what they need to feel better -  Sprite, crackers, brownies :)

This quote is brilliant and true! I pray I never treat my children as a bothersome distraction. They are distractions though. Dristractions from far less important things!! We all have things that attempt to steal our attention, focus, time, energy. But there is no greater distraction than a child - no matter the age. And I mean distraction in the absolute best possible way! 

I prefer viewing and realizing my children are divine appointments I get to keep and enjoy throughout each day. I do not take that for granted. I pray that when I'm busy doing less important things that I stop what I'm doing - welcome the 'distraction' and invest in what matters. Listening to what they have to say, advising when asked (sometimes when not), drying tears, laughing til we cry, spur them on, an encouraging hug, cheer for them. Reminding them of wonderful truths. Sometimes others give the wrong message. I'm grateful I can point them back to the truth - they have great value and they are deeply loved.



No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...