Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hall of Fame

This weekend we attended the 7th Annual Bartlesville Sports Commission Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.  My brother, Shawn, and his 1978 Golf Team was inducted and it was a tremendous ceremony. Their coach, Joe Holliday was there too and I know the team enjoyed the reunion. The guys have stayed in touch with their coach and one another the past 36 years. This weekend they also enjoyed a few rounds of golf together because that's what guys who love golf do. 

They won the state championship in 1978 beating Jenks and Sooner High Schools city rival, College High, for the title. We enjoyed being part of a wonderful honor for Shawn and his high school team. God blessed Shawn with a wonderful talent and he's enjoyed the game as long as I can remember. He was the number 1 bag on the 1978 golf team and he went on to play golf for Georgia Tech. All the guys were great players and as a team they accomplished much! 

Rick and I got all dressed up and even though he's not smiling, he's happy to be going with me :) 


Our table - the entire room was gorgeous!
We started with shrimp cocktail! I ate every bite! It was extraordinarily good. 
I also ate every bite of this incredibe plate of chocolate delishishness!! 
Shawn giving an acceptance speech! He did a great job and I was so proud of him! Thankful to be a part of a special night honoring some extraordinary atheletes! He's an extraordinary person as well. I'm thankful he's not only my big brother, but also one of my very best friends. 





No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...