Wednesday, July 29, 2015

LCS Graduation 2015

Kyleigh began her school years at Hoover Elementary and had some extraordinary teachers along the way. From 6-10th grade we embraced and enjoyed four years homeschooling. It was a wonderful time of bonding and learning together. Not only academics, but life skills and relationships. I wouldn't trade those days for the world! As a junior she enrolled at Lincoln Christian and those two years were incredible in many ways. We're grateful God directed our steps and gave her a variety of rich experiences during her 13 years of school.


                         Thankful our pastor had a vision and a plan to begin a Christian school! Thankful we're a part of it. It's been a huge blessing to our family in so many ways.

                                                                    These 4 >>>
                                           I'm literally awed at God's graciousness to me.
          How I got to be wife and mom to these extraordinary people is more than I can grasp!
Colten and Kyleigh
Graduates 2015

Sunday after graduation we invited family and close friends to celebrate with us! We were humbled and honored so many people took time from their day to come. It was a wonderful afternoon and our home and hearts were full of people we love. People who have invested in Kyleigh and we made many more happy memories. We are richly blessed.




Rick's cousins Judy and Nancy made the treck from Dallas to come up for the afternoon! It was sure good to see and visit with them.

Now, Ky will embark on the next step in her journey. My prayer for her....

Lord, you know and love her more. I'm grateful you blessed me with the gift of being both her mom and her friend. I'm grateful for her life. I pray she will seek you first in everything and that daily she will grow to love and serve you more. Keep her heart tender towards you every day and give her grace to walk in your ways. I ask you to prompt her to never trade or settle for her immediate over your ultimate. You have great plans for her life. Plans she cannot think or imagine. Your ways and thoughts are higher. In both relationships and opportunities, I pray she will yield to your will. Equip her to trust you in everything and know that she is in your grasp.  Help her never to compromise or settle for anything less than your best. You are able to do more than we can think or imagine. (Eph 3:20)

 I ask you to bless her with people who will point her to you. I pray she has friends that sharpen her, like iron sharpens iron. Keep her heart and her actions pure and full of integrity. I ask you to protect her from satan, who came only to kill, steal and destroy. I thank you that you came that she would have life abundantly. The companion of fools suffers harm. I pray she chooses friends wisely. (Prov 13:20) and help her to be a wonderful friend to others. 

Help her to walk by faith, not by sight (2 Cor 5:7). Thank you that she has been saved by your grace, not by her works. (Eph 2:8)  But, I ask you to give her a desire to serve because of your gift of grace. Without faith, it is impossible to please you so I ask you to give her an extra measure of faith. You reward those who seek you. (Heb 11:6)

I pray Lord, when trials come her way that she will call on the name of Jesus. (James 1:2) That she will put on the full armor of God and stand firm. (Eph 6) She is more than an overcomer in Christ. I pray she will consider it all joy, knowing testing of faith produces endurance and it will have a perfect result and she will lack nothing. I thank you that the proof of her faith is more precious than gold, and even when tested by fire will be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Christ. (1 Peter 1:6)  

I ask you Lord that she will always be quick to forgive others and herself. (Matt 6:14) Thank you that she is blessed because her transgressions have been forgiven. (Psalm 32:1,5) I pray she will be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving others, just as you forgave her. (Eph 4:32)

I pray Kyleigh will trust in your provisions knowing you supply all of her needs according to your riches in Christ Jesus. ((Phil 4:19) Your words says if she abides in you, you abide in her and whatever she asks she will have done. (John 15:7; John 16:23-24) I pray she seeks and submits to your will in every way and that she would shine your light into this dark world. 

I thank you that your joy is her strength. For she will go out with joy and be led forth by peace. (Is 55:12)  I thank you that if she sows in tears she will reap with joyful shouting. (Ps 126:5-6) I pray her heart will rejoice in You because she trusts in your holy name. (Ps 33:21)

Lord, you have set before Kyleigh life and prosperiety, death and adversity; you say to love The Lord our God, to walk in your ways and keep your commands and statutes and judgments, that she may live and multiply and You will bless her. (Deut 30:15-16) Lord, I pray that she will keep the words of your covenant that she may prosper in all she does. (Deut 29) Life and death is in the power of the tongue. I pray her words speak your truth always. 

Father, we know you cause all things to work for the good of those who love you and are called according to your purposes. (Romans 8:28). Lord, I pray she hides your word in her heart that she will not sin against you. (Ps 119) I pray the book of the law will not depart from her mouth, but that she will meditate on it day and night, so that she will be careful to do all according to your will and you will make her way prosperous and she will have success. (Josh 1:8) 

I love her so. You love her more. Thank you for the gift she is to me! 








No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...