Thursday, August 20, 2015

Many Firsts


August always means new beginnings. This year, that is more true than ever. So much change around here I can hardly stand it. This routine, schedule following self of mine is struggling to find balance in the unfamiliar. But, it'll come. New normal for everyone. 

I'm grateful that everyone is healthy and safe and we get to start new things. 
 Addison was the first one to officially begin school. First time since Hunter was starting kindergarten that we've only had one child in a back-to-school picture! Crazy. But, this girl is a sophomore at Lincoln and she's got a wonderful year of new things ahead!
I'm thankful that this year I get a lot of 1-1 time with Addi! It's a good day when that happens to this mama.
 These two are off to college classes! I'm grateful beyond words that these two are not moving off!
Despite the uniform, Preslie and I are still home-schooling! But, she wants to wear a uniform each day so why not! She's in 7th grade and I'm so thankful things are clicking for her. Thankful she's home with me all day and I get to be a part of her journey each and every day!

For the first time since 1997 there is no back to school picture for Hunter! He has graduated. He's onto his next adventure and he'll get a post of his very own shortly! So neat to see how God is at work in his life.

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...