Our middle girl is 15. She thinks 15 is somewhat anti-climactic because nothing really significant happens at 15. Just kinda stuck in between she says. But, I think it'll be a year she finds her stride. I'm excited for this new year ahead of her.
This year she'll learn to drive and prepare for hitting the roads on her own. She'll be at Lincoln without Kyleigh and will work to make the Lincoln girls golf team. There will be other new and exciting things along the way and I bet at the end of 15 she'll look back and realize what a wonderful year it had been.
Addi is incredibly sweet and funny. She's my girl who sets her alarm ahead of me so she can see me before I leave on mornings I have to be somewhere. Faithfully and consistently gets up to give hugs when we come in or go out and frequent 'I love you's' and if you listen closely, she's got a quick whit that makes me laugh outloud. She's a loyal friend and sister. Athletic and quiet.
God has given her a keen eye for photography and art. She sees details I overlook and when you put a sketch pad or a camera in her hand, you get to see beautiful things. Gifted at words and poetry. So many quiet, hidden things you can see through her 15 year old eyes and heart.
This year I will get some wonderful one on one time with my girl driving to and from school each day. Sometimes it's a quiet ride. Sometimes it's not. Either way, I'm grateful she's my daughter and we get to go through life being family and friends.
God sure knew what He was doing when He created Addi ~ What a gift she is to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment