Tuesday, March 1, 2016

That's life

I have a love/hate with my phone. I've always been a phone talker. This weekend I found a Mother's Day project Hunter had done in his 4th grade class. All the kids had described their moms and you had to guess which was your description. His about me said this, "My mom loves Taco Beuno. She's a good cook. She doesn't want me to have a dirt bike. It seems like she is on the phone 24/7." HA! 

 Presently, my phone has a huge crack in the screen and I refuse to upgrade until my kids can upgrade. Just the way it is. Anymore, I mostly use my phone for three things besides the obvious...talking on it.  Talking/texting with my people. Playing Wordbrain. Listening to Podcast while I walk. But, I also use it to take random photos despite the fact that I've got a really nice, high quality camera sitting in a case. So, I guess that makes 4 things I regularly use my phone for these days.

 I deleted social media like Instagram and Facebook from my phone. It's on my I pad and occasionally I check Facebook. Instagram never. After 30+ days of no social media at all anywhere, I decided I missed Twitter and Snap chat. Twitter is such a great source of quick info and inspiration to me as I'm selective in who I 'follow' so I've added it back to my phone. So, there's that. Same thing with Snapchat.
One struggle with my phone is lack of storage. I am constantly low so I load all my pictures on the computer and delete them from my phone. Which brings me to this. Life as it happens or as I think to capture it on my phone. Nothing fancy. Just life. A life I love. I love my people. 

 We are in the process of landscaping and adding trees! Lots of trees!! 
 Looked up and saw this beautiful masterpiece! God makes beautiful things. 
 Colten and Preslie walking to the barn. Not sure what for on this day, but this is a regular occurrence. 
 Preslie loves this cat! 
 Flowers from Rick
 More prep work for the trees
 Hunter surprised Addi and came to watch her play basketball
 A foosball table Hunter was taking back to Missouri
 Addi shooting a free throw
 This girl has had strep and mono - been a tough go
 There are no prettier sunsets that out here in the country
 One of the trees going in - they've been planting trees together since Hunter was 3
Took this screen shot today. The weather has been out of this world amazing!! So glad we skipped winter!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...