fascinated with hummingbirds. As a result, I am too. Rick and I intentionally plant flowers that attract them. I keep a watch out and the girls will let me know when they see them too. Everyday I get to see them come to the flowers. I've also put a feeder, especially made to attract them, full of sugar water nearby. Interestingly enough, they rarely go there.
Another truth that what God provides is always better than anything the world can offer.
Recently, I heard a message by Scott Jones at our Wednesday night service and he talked about hummingbirds vs vultures. One seeks sweet and the other death. Both fed by the very thing they seek out. We sure do find what we're looking for, don't we?! What we choose to see. What we choose to put out there for others to find. I sure want to leave people better than I found them.
As a friend and I talked about it we both agreed we want to be the hummingbird.
Certainly a spiritual and life lesson in that simple truth. We know from God's word that there is life and death in the power of the tongue. Proverbs 18:21
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24
So I took a picture of this little guy tonight to send to mom via text message. If you're reading this, I hope this encourages you in some way.


No comments:
Post a Comment