Monday, June 13, 2016

He Goes Before Us

I'm awed and grateful at the tangible ways God shows me He has not forgotten us. He goes before us and has provisions in place before we know we need them. Before we ask. Before we need. 

As we prepared for Kanakuk Kamp for Preslie there were some things we needed to buy for her. Specifically, she wanted a purple t-shirt and an orange t-shirt to finish out her outfits for the week. Preslie and I ran up to Goodwill and began flipping through the racks. As I looked through the t-shirts I saw a purple one. I pulled it off the rack and stood awed as I read "Kanakuk Kamp 26" on the front. Not only was it exactly the color she wanted - as a bonus God made it a Kanakuk shirt. That is not a coincidence.  I believe He put it right there for Preslie. Meeting her need according to His glorious riches! He is in the details and He went before us in this seemingly insignificant way - how much more will he be doing for her before she ever gets to Kamp. It sure wasn't insignificant to me, or her! 

As her mom, it was quite a memorial marker for me. A true reminder of His faithfulness in all things. He does not fail. He does not forget. He has great plans long before I ever thought to ask. As we prepare to send her off to Kamp for the very first time, it gives me great peace and assurance that He has everything in place for her already in this week ahead. The councelors, the friends, the activiites, the experience and I cannot wait to see all He does in and through my girl this week!



No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...