Yesterday I completed chemo number 3! The three weeks in between treatments have been a wonderful mix of relaxing and restoration and by the time it's time for my treatment, I'm physically and emotionally ready.
My lab work continues to be fantastic and I'm awed at how God has recharged and restored my white/red blood counts and platelets. Nothing short of amazing to me. I'm thankful there has been no delay in treatment and soon this part will be behind us.
Next up - December 10! Final 4!
The afternoon was quite relaxing as I spent time in the heated recliner, warm blanket on my lap, some things I like to work on while I'm waiting and a few good snacks. I have my air pods so I can listen to podcasts while I heal. It's really turned out to be a peaceful 3 hours and not once have I ever felt alone.
He has never left nor forsaken me. Just as He promises.
All my cubby mates were sleeping, but we did have a moment of scary for the lady next to me. She began having a severe reaction and the nurses all quickly jumped in to take good care of her and within about 30 minutes she was back to sleep and resting well.
Chemo is no joke!
Fortunately, I've continued to remain side effect free! It just continues to awe me at how gracious, compassionate, merciful and faithful He remains toward me.
I'm just simply grateful.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 has been on my heart this week - it says this
Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks IN all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Always! Continually! IN - but not FOR all circumstances because let's be honest. Some things ie Covid, cancer, loss, relationship woes, financial hardships - all things that the fallen world lays on our lives. They are hard and I being thankful in them, not for them, is what He says.
IN all circumstances we give thanks!
As we prepare our hearts with thanksgiving for the celebration of the birth of our Savior that is God honoring. He is glorified in and through our praise and thanksgiving.
Our thanksgiving won't be full of our family this year, but we still give thanks. We will all be together in a few weeks and we will feast, we will laugh, we will be grateful for the provisions and the blessing of family.
I'm thankful our older kids have wonderful spouses and families that love them and bring them into their families. We thank God for wonderful in-laws.
I am thankful for each of you who choose to follow my journey. I thank you for your prayers, your calls, cards, texts and love you pour out to me.
I am richly blessed and be sure I give thanks to the Father for all the many blessing He continues to bestow on me and my family!
I count you among some of this lifes greatest blessings!
Be thankful!
All for His glory
Mindi
No comments:
Post a Comment