Thursday, January 14, 2021

Mercy and Waiting

The journey we've been on since June 2020 has had a common theme that I've struggled with more often than not. Waiting. So. Much. Waiting.   At times the wheels move so slowly and there has not been one time since June that the timing has been my preference. Not one.

His ways and thoughts are higher.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it.

I had a months wait to see my surgeon after finding the lump. A months wait between biopsy results and mastectomy. Seven long weeks between surgery and my first chemotherapy. Currently waiting for radiation to begin. 

I've been in a bit of a lull since finishing chemotherapy mid December and it's been refreshing not having my days and weeks dictated by doctor appointments, pokes, chemo and the like. 

Waiting is hard. Universally it's just hard.

His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness.

Mercies new every morning. So, if it's His mercies new that implies we need a fresh supply each and every day. Why mercy and not happiness, joy, love or patience!? 

Because His ways are greater and He knows best. And I need reminded. EVERY DAY.

Mercy is defined as mildness, benevolence, tenderness of heart to overlook. To treat the offender better than they deserve; tempers justice and inflicts less than the law warrant! Compassion, long-suffering. 

So, yes, I'd say we're all in need of that and trust that like the manna, I won't have too little or too much mercy for that day. My feelings cannot be the plumb line. Reminding myself and standing on the truth of what I know. He is the prince of peace. He guards my heart and mind when I fix my mind on His word. When I remember all the ways He has been with me.

Even though I walk through the valley of deep darkness, I fear NO evil for He is with me. His rod and staff comfort me. He is my good shepherd. I am His sheep. And His sheep know His voice follow. And He will lead me to green grass, streams of living water and He will pursue me with His goodness and mercy all the days of my life. 

In the waiting and navigating changes in the plans I will remain steadfast and stand firm. Remind myself of what I know and more than that, who I know. 

In September as I was in the midst of some waiting I sat down to read from His word and off the page jumped a verse He brought to me and I remind myself of that today. As I wait more and trust in His perfect timing, never early, never late and exactly what I need when I need it                

~ I will not forget you ~

So, I'll remain faithful in the waiting and trust and remind myself of all He has shown me through our journey together. 

All for His glory

Mindi


No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...