Thursday, July 17, 2008

5 year Celebration...part 2

My parents, brothers and part of Rick : )
Some of my very favorite people in the world~
Me and Cheryl and her cappacino : )
Me and Hunter
My mom and my BFF (lol)
Sunday nights it is more the norm than not that my family gets together for dinner- it's a fun and great tradition and I'm so glad we can do that~! My mom told me to be there ready to eat at 5p b/c my brother Scott would head home to OKC. So at 4:30 I load up the girls so they can swim a few minutes beforehand and I had my tacky clothes on, my hair was not looking good at all as you can tell from the pics, my magazine and my book and I was ready to go - Rick was home heartily digging our flowerbed in the backyard. Hunter was home and planning to come over with Rick at 5p.
I walk in Shawns house and clearly it is much more than a family dinner! There were lots of place-settings, signs, a cake and a beautiful angel statue for our garden and lots of food! My sweet mom and brother had planned a 5 year cancer free celebration! I was moved beyond words. When I told Ky and Hunter what was going on their 1st response was "Mom, are you okay with that?" - I do not like surprises, at all! But this, it was so touching and I was (and am) honored that my friends and family wanted to be a part of this moment b/c they have been so critical in my journey over the last 5 years - I love and appreciate you all so much!

I put together a montage of the pictures and had it put to music and everything but my little brain cannot figure out how to post it here so I just put up a few fun pictures! Enjoy and most of all know that I daily thank God for my friends and family! You all mean the world to me and I am truly GRATEFUL for each of you and your families!!!!!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...