Saturday, September 27, 2008

Girls Night In ~

I do love Friday night football. Not the football part as much as the rest though. I love the crowds, the feel of the stadium and all it's all familiar feels, running into old friends I otherwise don't see and somewhere in there watching some plays. It has come full circle in many ways - watching the Bruins play in 1984 and watching the Bruins in 2008 - back then they were my friends and my classmates. Now they are my very own son, his friends and my classmates children. It's surreal. I digress.....

Friday nights have become what the girls and I refer to as "GNI" or girls night in. We don't enjoy making the road trip for out of town games so we opt instead to pick a place to eat, rent a movie, work a puzzle, play some Scrabble and stay home. They begin questioning if it's a GNI around Wednesday. For the past 3 wks it has been a GNI because of out of town games. We ate some mexican food and then ran by Blockbuster to return last nights movie, Racing Stripes. Very cute. Anyway, we had no plan to rent because we had decided instead to watch the Cosby Show marathon from 7-10 or watch a movie a friend had loaned us. But then we saw it - a huge tent with a 4 letter word. SALE! How can 4 females pass that up? Turns out they had some deals we had to take advantage of. We bought a whole season of MONK for $4 and 3 movies for $5 each. Today we have to go back to buy a VTech game for Preslie that I didn't think was for her game player but turns out it is. Anyway, Friday nights have become quite the bonding experience for us and I love that we can just be home and enjoy each other. We laugh, eat and just enjoy the laid back feel of the night with absolutely no agenda. A great way to end the week. I'll miss our GNI next week since it's a home game but those are times to look forward to and I do. I am truly grateful God knew I needed 3 daughters. I so enjoy them. They are amazing people and I am incredibly blessed by them!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...