SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Disappointment
I learned yesterday that a tradition that I love and more importantly a tradition my children love will no longer happen. I am so sad about it and Preslie is NOT going to take this well at all. What I am referring to is this......the pumpkin patch. It is a kindergarten field trip tradition. Generally speaking I do not enjoy field trips. Never have BUT this one is just precious and I have pictures of Hunter, Kyleigh and Addison with their kindergarten classes at the pumpkin patch! I learned yesterday that Hoover Kindergarteners will not be going on the annual pumpkin patch trip because, get this, the pumpkin patch is no longer growing their own pumpkins?! They just bring in pumpkins and put them in the pumpkin patch. How lame. She is not going to be a happy girl when I share this news with her. Picking a pumpkin at Walmart will just not be the same ~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
3 comments:
Poor girl! My kids love the P Patch. I found out Emma's pre-school won't be taking the trip b/c they say it's too expensive. It's under $10 - talk about lame. I feel for you!
Awww, poor Preslie! I too love Pumpkin Picking w/ the kids. Matthew's school is IN a pumpkin patch and apple orchard, wanna come visit??!!!
sorry... I was logged in as Hannah!
Post a Comment