I know traditionally that is a Christmas song but I go around singing or humming this often in our house. I absolutely love this time of the year - has to be my favorite and I was thinking over the reasons I like it so much, it all has to do with how it makes me feel - comfy! I have posted a few months back about how we shouldn't be too comfortable but surely this time of year should be the exception. I find myself slowing down and wanting to savor every single moment -fully enjoying each day all the more (which I should do 365) ~ So much to anticipate and enjoy from October 1-January 1! Just love it! Here are a few of my favorite things......
Pumpkins
Crisp, cool mornings
Cuddleduds
Fall colored Peanut M&M's
Preheating our bed at night
Hot chocolate
Baking
Charlie Brown cartoons
Working puzzles
Fall Colors and decorations
Fires in the fireplace
Bon Fires
Hot Apple Cider
Moms homemade noodles on Thanksgiving
College Football
Cards in the mail
Anticipation of Christmas and all that entails~
The list could go on but suffice it to say I just enjoy this time of year and I am grateful to have my family and friends to share it with me!
Happy Fall~
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
2 comments:
Count me in!!! I love me some fall - the leaves, the smells, the crispness (well, eventually but not lately) in the air! Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite and who can resist fall candles!!!
I ditto that!
Add the smell of people burning leaves.... I LOVE that! And apple crisp baking in the oven. Oh, and the Yankee Spiced Pumpkin candle... gotta get me one of those! :D
Post a Comment