Saturday, November 15, 2008

I am soooooooo grateful.....

for Rick. Preslie has been not such a pleasure lately. She's pretty much felt lousy for 9 days with a cold, sore throat and such. She is a very high maintenance sick person!!!!! VERY! She has her good moments for sure but today has been rough. After being home with her solo for 4 days I am grateful for Rick. She fell today and hurt her knee. It really isn't a big deal except to HER! Not thinking it would be such a big deal if she felt 100% but she doesn't. She has been whining and crying on and off (mostly on) for the past hour and I told Rick, I just can't do this anymore - I really need a moment to distance myself from the incessant whining!

He has the patience of Job. I kid you not. His voice has remained steady and he's not trying to reason or rationalize anymore but just giving simple, easy to follow instructions to her - talking to her about things to get her mind off of it and is getting her bath so he can put her to bed. She needs sleep. She needs to feel good. So, I am so grateful I don't have to do this parenting alone today. I am so glad he has such an extraordinary amount of patience. I am grateful it's only 1.5 hrs til we can put her to bed. Surely tomorrow will be brighter!!!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...