Monday, November 10, 2008

The Things We Do For Love!

Rick has an extraordinary ability to show love in many ways to many people but he has a special abundance of love for us, his family ~ This may seem a crazy way to show love but it spoke volumes to Kyleigh. Here's what happened.

This morning Hunter was getting his sports gear packed up and was in the garage. He heard a noise coming from the small trashcan outside our laundry room door. He looked inside but didn't see anything but I suspect he didn't look too deep or move trash to check it out further. He tells Rick that he hears something moving in the trashcan. Rick looks inside and....it was a huge, fat, nasty mouse! He was stuck. The girls come to see what's going on and Kyleigh, our animal rights activist, asks what he plans to do with the mouse. He looks at me. I look at him. He looks at her. She says something to the effect of the humane thing would be letting it go across the street in the field it came from. What can you do he asks.......so he tells Ky he will take her to school and come back and let the mouse go. She was relieved and thrilled. He's a great dad. He knows that mouse, or one of his pesky friends will be back to visit and he does have traps set in our pantry and under the sink hidden from view but what she doesn't know won't upset her~ : ) But for today, that mouse got a new lease on life! I'm sure he'll tell all his friends what a great house it is to visit - you can get a meal from the trash then a ride back home!!!!

1 comment:

Double Trouble said...

What a good dad!! Don't tell Ky about my hate/hate relationship with squirrels, 'kay?

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...