Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cardboard Testimonies

Easter Sunday is always extraordinary! It's the day we set aside to celebrate our risen Savior! Truly it's a day we should celebrate each and every day. He lives! That is good news!

This Easter our church had a special service and through a very simple yet powerful thing called Cardboard Testimonies, many people were able to share what God has done and is doing in the lives of His people. It was powerful. People shared in a few words their testimony. On the front our human-ness. On the back, God!! What only He can do. I am grateful beyond words about what God has done and continues to do in my life!

When I was asked to share my testimony I jokingly said I would need a much larger board!! But they insisted I condense it : ) So, I did and really spent days praying for God to give me the words to share the message He wanted to reveal through me. He kept reminding me I struggle with control. Suddenly I knew what I needed to say- I am thankful for healing, the physical healing from breast cancer but more than that, the spiritual healing He has given me. It's a daily journey and clearly I am NOT a finished work. He is moment by moment molding me to be more like Him.

We all have a testimony and after I read the words on those cardboard testimonies I felt a renewed love for each of these people. It reminded me of the song that says "Give me your eyes for just one moment, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that I've been missing, give me your love for humanity!!" I love the authenticity on that stage! Click below to watch for yourselves. This will take you to our church website - once there click on Cardboard testimonies on the right side!


Bartlesville Southern Baptist Church

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...