Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Precious!


I walked through the hallway and caught a sight I've never seen before. I stood back to listen and what I heard was music to my ears! Preslie.......... reading...........by herself! Not because it was 'time to read' or anything I initiated but she went and picked up her book and was reading despite the fact her favorite show was playing right (literally) in front of her! Notice the edge of the tv just inches from her face!!


I've taught plenty of children to read and that is incredibly rewarding! However, it pales in comparison to teaching my very own child to discover words! My heart is overflowing with gratitute!


Now it's off to the park for the afternoon as a little encouragement and reward to her!!



1 comment:

Marci said...

Isn't it beautiful when they WANT to read. Jeff and I were just laughing at Clayton this morning because he was walking through the kitchen to get his shoes and reading a book while he was walking. He didn't want to put the book down long enough to put on his shoes. My heart was overflowing at that moment. You are going to be such a good homeschooling mommy and there will so many more days where you "catch them" loving to learn.

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...