Friday, September 25, 2009

Testify

When I was thirteen I began passing out for no apparent reason. There was no pattern, no rhyme or reason. It just happened. Commonly, it only happened at night and I always thanked God that I didn't have to 'worry' about it happening during the day when I wasn't in the safety of my own home. Thirteen is hard enough! These episodes made me very sick and thoroughly exhausted for the next 24 hours. Medicine didn't help and it just became something I had to endure. So I thought.

God in His awesomeness brought Rick into my life almost 20 years ago. He was the first person aside from my very closest friends who knew about these episodes. Rick is a pretty amazing person. He can be as rugged as the next guy and as gentle as a lamb and everything in between. The gifts of compassion and mercy that he possesses never cease to amaze me. Selfless is a great adjective to describe Rick because there is nothing he wouldn't do for me or our kids. I can list a hundred things I love about this man!! However, the most amazing thing about Rick is his firm belief in the power of our God and what happens when we pray. He has taught me so much about being a christian.

Last night around 1:00 I began to have the signs that I was going to pass out. I woke Rick and told him I wasn't feeling great. Immediately, he began to pray for me. I cannot tell you what it means to me that he prays for me!! Together we prayed. I prayed every scripture the Holy Spirit brought to my mind and we prayed knowing the awesome power of our God! He is mighty to save!

This praying time went on for several minutes and the signs that I was going to lose consciousness did not cease - they actually increased. I felt very much like I was in a battle. I was. Satan came only to steal, kill and destroy. He was cast from Heaven because he wanted to receive worship that only the most high God was worthy of receiving. He wanted to be God. Satan attacks us and wants to shake our faith. He wants us to believe he has power. He doesn't.

One powerful scripture from the word of God is 'submit yourselves fully to God and resist the devil and he will flee from you.' - that is God's promise for us! As quickly as the symptoms came, they completely went away but only after a battle was fought. I never did pass out -the seizure never came.

God's word tells us that we need to daily put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6) - God tells us that the shield of faith will extinguish ALL the fiery darts of the evil one!! The offensive weapon we have in that armor is the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. We defeated that attack of satan with the word of God because HE is the same yesterday, today and forever. He has not changed. He is still the most high God!

I love scripture memory and last night I was so glad that I've hidden His word in my heart. We fight battles every day but God tells us He is victorious! I'm grateful I had the armor of God for this battle. Ephesians 6:10 says Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of god so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes. It starts verse 10 with the word finally....verse 9 says this - There is no favortism with him. What he will do for one he will do for all who ask. God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

1 comment:

Marci said...

That is awesome Mindi- - thanks for sharing. I love how you recognize things as a spiritual battle- - not just a battle in this physical world.

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...