Thursday, October 8, 2009

It thrills me

If you know me, you know I am easily thrilled! One thing that thrills me to pieces is when that all to familiar big brown truck stops in front of my house. You know the one! It doesn't matter how many times he's stopped before...I get as excited as if it were the first. That truck stopped in front of my house recently. I hadn't ordered anything so I was baffled but then I became curious and excited! I could feel my heart racing. I'm telling you, it does not take much to thrill me!! My girls were equally excited because we have learned that when this truck stops it brings good things - even when, especially when, we haven't placed an order! The box was large and somewhat heavy and we could hardly wait to tear into it to reveal it's contents!


What I found inside absolutely thrilled me! Some women may be offended by this gift but not I! I couldn't have been happier because it is probably my favorite appliance ever. Very likely I would trade most household appliances for this one! I use it daily which is disturbing to me at times but because accomplishing things is huge for me I use it regularly. Starting and finishing tasks makes me feel very productive and completing goals is good for my soul~ This wonderful invention simplifies my life and it makes me feel productive, especially on days when I don't feel like I've accomplished nearly enough. That is a topic for another day another blog post : ) But suffice it to say this for now, we live in a world of immediate gratification and validation. Quite frankly, the little world I live in does not show immediate anything most of the time but as a sweet friend reminded me I'm doing things for the eternal good and those things take time and the evidence isn't seen immediately. I am grateful for the rewards we have to wait to see but I tell you, I still enjoy immediate superficial accomplishments some days. That's why I was so excited to open this box.

Inside it revealed something I really needed, or atleast wanted. I have one almost like it - same brand but a 10 year old model. When Rick brought my first one home ten years ago, I assure you I was equally thrilled!! But it's done it's job, it's been repaired a couple of times and Rick has done his best to revive it but really, it's run it's course. So, my mom who clearly pays attention to the things I say mentioned to my brother that I needed a new vaccum. Being the generous and thoughtful soul he is - he ordered me a new one and had it delivered! I adore him! He's a precious brother and friend to me. The fact that he loves to give gifts is just a bonus I don't deserve but certainly enjoy : )

So, here it is....my newest favorite thing : )


No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...