Monday, October 26, 2009

Pretty Pumpkins Prepared by Precious ones ~

Okay, that is a lame attempt at an alliteration. The girls have been learning to 'dress up' their paragraphs with many different grammar techniques. I'm not especially good at them on a good day and today being Monday I am exhausted.....mentally and physically. We go to Classical Conversations on Mondays and although I have barely enough brain left today to function, we did decorate pumpkins last night, I do have them uploaded on my computer so it just seems wrong to not post about the event regardless of my state of tiredness.

I love taking time with the girls to turn ordinary pumpkins into extraordinary jack-o-lanterns. To be honest, Rick is actually the one who does the helping, I just stand by and snap random pix. The girls have carefully selected just the right pumpkin and off they go - I love seeing what they decide to create. Every year it is something different, except for Preslie. Because she has an aversion to getting her hands wet and messy she simply uses the Queen Potato head pieces to turn her otherwise ordinary pumpkin into Queen Esther as she has named her each year. Some things never change and quite frankly are just not worth fighting. Because there is no carving involved in creating Q.E., Pres is done in a matter of minutes. The other girls worked until 10:00 and I finally stepped up as mom and made them quit and go to bed. I was tired. I knew tomorrow was Monday and I was already tired thinking about how tired I'd be - does that make sense?

The girls as they prepare to deseed the pumpkins.

The Queens -

Kyleigh carved BOO into her pumpkin this year ~



Addison went with a face

We love love love working puzzles from October through January - here is our 1st completed one of the season!














No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...