In December Rick surprised me with news that in February we would be taking a cruise in celebration of our 20th anniversary. To say I was excited was a major understatement. The only thing he could have done to surprise me more is to present me with the corvette I've been dreaming of for 25+ years ; ) But in honestly I can say, I wouldn't trade our 6 days together for the most amazing corvette made. It was exactly what we needed and it was more than I imagined. We enjoyed 5 full days of relaxing and togetherness. I don't know when I've felt more relaxed and refreshed. We so enjoyed being alone together (HA! is that an oxymoron?) There was no temptation to clean, cook, wash clothes, run the vacum or even make our bed. We were totally pampered!! They cleaned our room twice a day, turned down our beds at night, any and all food we could possibly want was at our fingertips 24/7 (I came home with an extra 6 lbs) and it was truly an amazing experience. We missed our kids like crazy but knew they were in the most capable of hands and were enjoying some fun "MiMi time" and it was good. We came home more relaxed, more tan and just plain more - I hope we don't wait another 20 years!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
3 comments:
How fun! Just what a homeschooling mom needs :)
Susie D.
When is your anniversary? Ours was the 21st of Feb... and we would have been married 29!
I'm delighted you got those days together... and cruises are relaxing! The kids and I went to Alaska... and I hope to do more!
Hugs...
I love you and that you and your hubby are cheesy and in love!! Way to be a witness to all of us to keep our love new and refreshed.
Post a Comment