Friday, September 10, 2010

A Great Man


My dad was born on January 15, 1926 and he left this world to be with Jesus in his eternal home on September 8, 2010.  Those dates are important but nothing compares to the days, weeks, moments and years in between. I was hugely blessed by my Dad. I am fortunate to have been born into a family who loved much and cared enough to raise me in a house of love, support, encouragement and acceptance. Parents who taught me how to be a person of character and to love the Lord our God. I treasure the wisdom he so graciously and wisely gave to me. I am so thankful.
 He loved me and I loved him. I treasure the memories that even Alzheimers could not steal.
I miss him so much but look forward to the day we are together in Heaven.
Love you deeply Dad!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Your family is on my heart and in my prayers. I know you miss him. I am so thankful he is with Jesus with a new body and sharp mind. I am praying for comfort and peace. Love you!

Marci said...

I just saw this Mindi. I am lifting your family to our Lord as He is the only to carry a grief so heavy. It is so great to have hope beyond this world. Hugs!

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...