Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Boy is 18 ~

Hunter's long awaited, much anticipated 18th birthday arrived. Sadly, it arrived a day and 1/2 after my dad left this world for  his eternal home with Jesus! However, it is no less important that our first born child is now a legal adult. We giggle about it - Hunter has realized really nothing that great happens when you become 18. He has learned you have to register with the US Gov't in case they invoke the draft again. Other than that not much changes but the truth is my baby is now 18. He's still is and always will be my baby. I like to be around him. I am grateful he likes to be around me too. He shares his heart with me and I see him becoming a pretty amazing man. I cannot wait to see all God has in store for him! It's going to be good.

One silver lining - we had lots of family in town that may not have ordinarily been here - so they helped celebrate his birthday with us. Hunter loves our extended family so that definitely made it easier to bear our loss.
Happy Birthday Hunter!



One of his senior pictures
Hunter trying to ignore the "Happy Birthday to You" being sung at Friday Football Lunch at Lisa's
His traditional oreo ice cream dessert - lame candles because I didn't think to get them ; (
All Hunter wanted was a bow - so that's what he got and he cannot wait to go hunting

1 comment:

Becky said...

All I can say is, "NOT POSSIBLE!!!!" That's what I thought when I saw the title of your post on my blog roll. You and Rick should be very proud, thankful parents, as I am certain you are!!!! Happy late Birthday, Hunter!!!

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...