One of my favorite times of our day has to be our study of God's word! I so desire that my children develop and nurture their very own special and personal walk with God and I believe I have the responsibility of training them in this!! Each morning we begin with the study of His word. I have a friend in the OKC area who has been a huge resource and encouragment to me in our home schooling journey. One of the things she recommended to me was this great Bible study! Truly, it's phenominal! Book 1 covers Genesis through Ruth and it takes 32 weeks to walk through this study. The 2nd book covers Samuel to Malachi. It also takes 32 weeks. This fall the author of the study is releasing the New Testamant which will likely also be in 2 books for another 64 weeks. I know it seems like a long time - 4 school years to complete the Old and the New Testaments but in reality, the fact that my girls will cover the entire bible in 4 years is tremendous!
Each week we partner or round robin read one to four chapters of God's word from our Bibles. Then the next day we read the same passages in story form from their Bible study lesson. The 3rd and 4th days they complete two pages of recall facts and comprehension questions from the lesson. Finally, on Friday they have a test over the lesson.
I pray that as we walk together daily for the next four years studying His word, that they will be deeply rooted and will choose to start their day every day with Jesus. I pray they daily walk with Him. I pray that they will rely on Him for all things and in all things - That they would know we were made by Him and for Him and He loves us so much He gave His one and only Son for us!
The Front Cover
Each chapter contains a scope and sequence of what the study that week will cover. There is a memory verse each week as well as key points.
LOVE LOVE LOVE that the Greek, Hebrew and Latin words and meanings are taught. It's so fun listening to them recall what these words mean! http://www.godsgreatcovenant.com/
1 comment:
Wow! Looks great! I am going to check it out. I have been using Kay Arthur's Bible study for Dawson but really need something for the girls and for Dawson when he is finished. Thanks Mindi!
Post a Comment