Snowdays for home-schoolers. It's not maybe quite the same as it was when I was teaching in public schools but there is a small deviation from the norm. As a public school teacher I prayed, begged, longed for snow days. They meant sleeping in and relaxing all day. Now, not so much. I see them as lost time that I have no desire to make up in May. So, we push through and we do school on snow days...
Being the scheduled, routine and rule following one that I am I still feel the need for some normalcy on a snow day while letting the girls feel a "day off" of sorts. I have lesson plans made and they need to be executed - snow or no snow : ) I made them the deal when we began this home-school journey that on snow days we would still be in school. (Hey, it's that or make them up like everyone else and who wants to do school on beautiful days when we can be outside in comfort?) Anyway, the snow day compromise is that they a) get to sleep in and b) get to do school in their jammies. It's a small thing I know but it suffices and it's something we can all live with. Typically I wake them at 8:00 and they get ready for their day and we begin at 9:15 - no jammies!! I didn't like jammie day when I taught in the public schools and I don't like it at home. I'm a fun sucker like that. I get to keep routine and they get to deviate from it with my blessing.
It's going to be a great snow day! It's 8:30 and my sweet girls still sleep. I got to lounge a bit longer and we all get to enjoy some snow-fun after lunch. Well, they will enjoy the snow. I will prepare hot chocolate, warm baths and board games for us when they've had enough cold. Happy Snow Day! I hope we get another tomorrow.
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment