I really blog for no one but me. I know there are some people who follow along because they tell me so but really this is for me. I've journaled for as long as I can remember and I love looking back at the times in my life and where I am now. It's interesting to have a 'paper trail' documenting our lives so I enjoy this online journal.
2010 had some super high times and some very low ones. Things have changed daily but I am grateful that despite change, highs, lows, good and bad times our God does not change. He is constant and His presence in my life means the world to me. It's so neat to see how He's lead us through each and every season. Below are a few of the highlights but certainly not an exhaustive list of our year...
Rick and I kicked off 2010 with a cruise to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! That was one of the most amazing weeks of my life! Great times with my best friend and great memories made for us both.
Milestone birthdays were also a part of 2010. Preslie turned 7 and as God's perfect number it also marked my 7 year cancer free milestone! How grateful I am for my sweet Preslie. She brightens each and every day. Preslie became a christian and was baptized this year of 2010. That was truly a highlight! I am so thankful each of our children have Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and that we have these years to help them develop their very own relationship with Him.
Addison turned a decade old and I've enjoyed fondly referring to her all year as 'my precious decade' - she is an amazing girl.
Kyleigh became a teen in 2010. Hard to believe that this child we prayed for and longed for so many years is now a teen. Thankfully she is not what many people think of as a teen girl - she's tender, sweet and gentle. I adore her.
Hunter became a 'legal adult' this year. He enjoys his final year of public school but to me he's still that sweet little 4 year old boy I treasure! He too has been and still is a joy to my soul.
Sadly, I saw my dad's beautiful green eyes, held his hand, told him and heard the three precious words "I love you" for the last time this side of heaven. I miss him every day. In God's mercy He brings him into my dreams each and every night and has since the day he died. I am comforted by his presence in my dreams.
My mom and my brother became our neighbors this year! I love knowing they are just down the street!
God has divinely orchestrated our family receiving, for free, 2 super riding horses for our kids. So fun and so cool to see God's provisions in the little things and to see the prayers of our children heard and answered. He's so faithful.
We began our 3rd year of home-schooling this year. Seems like second nature and I can't imagine doing it any other way and I'm grateful to have my girls in my daily life! They bless me in amazing ways.
Rick and I look forward to some neat times ahead this year and I look forward to looking back next year to see where we've been, what we've learned, how we've grown and the memories we've made! I pray all of it brings God the glory.
Happy New Year!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment