Yesterday I was reading through some old poetry notebooks I'd kept from long ago. Happily and unexpectedly, I came upon a poem my dad wrote me. I'd forgotten all about it until I began to read it. No doubt he wrote it to encourage me during my horrid dating phase of life. I kissed a lot of frogs before I found the man God had for me all along. I am so grateful for Rick. I'm so grateful for a loving Dad who cast a vision for me and who was my very first Valentine.
Dear Darling Daughter
You don't believe it but I know it's true
There's someone out there
just waiting for you.
He is so handsome
so tall and so straight
and probably plays golf
now isn't that great?
You two will soon meet
and fall at first glance
He will win your heart over
You haven't a chance.
Then you will be happy
for you've finally found
your earthly prince charming
to whom you'll be bound.
Then the good life will follow
and the best days will come
and our family will gain
another fine son.
love, Dad

No comments:
Post a Comment