Kyleigh has a heart for animals like nothing I've ever seen before. She adores them. Great and small any kind - she loves them. For some time she's been asking to foster puppies from the WCSPCA. I've deferred to Rick on this because like my darling girl, I have a heart for the little things, especially knowing the need is great. It's so hard not to make an emotional decision and quite honestly, not sure we shouldn't make an emotional decision. However, they're not always practical decisions.
Anyway, Rick has said no several times. Then we found out there was a need to foster some lab puppies for 2 weeks. That seemed doable so he talked to me about it and we agreed that was a good opportunity. We called and guess what? The pups had already found foster homes. Whew! That gave us the opportunity to 'look' good in Kyleigh's eyes without actually having to foster ; ) Ha, so we thought. The very next day the SPCA called and asked if we could foster 2 puppies for the weekend for a foster family who would be out of town. After a few minutes I figured out this family happened to be friends of ours! So, we set it all up and picked the puppies up for the weekend.
In approximately 60 seconds after picking them up, we loved them. Precious babies! For four days (yep, the weekend fortunately turned into 4 days) those puppies were part of our home, our lives and our hearts.
My girls loved for and cared for those puppies so self-lessly. They never complained or delayed caring for these needy little pups. They sacrificed time, sleep and themselves for 4 days to put the needs of these puppies before themselves. Rick and I virtually did nothing but love on the puppies. The girls did the rest. It made my heart swell with love and thanksgiving to see them love and care for these puppies so much.
On the 4th day the puppies had to go back to their foster home. Many tears were shed and Addison said what we all felt - "I feel so empty." Temporarily hurting hearts but hearts that ultimately are bigger. It did this mama good to see my girls love so much! We talked about how God created us to love and nurture! I'm so grateful for that! If they love these little puppies so much I can only imagine what great mommies they will one day be!
This was a common scene - the puppy sleeping contentedly on Kyleigh's lap.
We called this one Bandit. He was the sweetest most lovable little pup!
We called this one Wizzer - can you guess why!?
The girls with the puppies!
No comments:
Post a Comment