Monday, June 20, 2011

Titus 2 Woman in the Making

I have no deeper desire than to raise my children to love, serve and walk in the ways of our Lord Jesus Christ. My mom was and is a great example of servant leadership in our home. She consistently served her husband and children with love, devotion and selflessness.  I didn't know at the time but have since learned that God desires us to use  Titus 2 as our model. It says this:

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.  Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

I try to live the example and also use the words to teach my girls what God desires for them. I believe God has a great calling on their lives and one of those callings is to one day be a godly wife and mother. As a part of that it manifests itself in me is cooking! I love to love my family with food. I love to cook things I know they love and enjoy and Kyleigh enjoys learning these things too. For Father's Day she and I made pies. She made her very first chocolate cream pie (My moms recipe) and it was beautiful and delicious! Well done Ky!

Later she and Rick tried their hand at grilling corn! The prep work was a bit labor intensive but the result was delish! I love having my little family help out in the kitchen! The food tastes better when it's made from love.

                Is that gorgeous or what? The first piece went to Hunter - the pie is almost gone this morning!
                 I made coconut cream pie (again, moms recipe) and here the 2 pies are side by side : )
Daddy and daughter preparing the corn!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...