Sunday afternoon I went for what has now become my every 17 day hair color from my sweet friend Stephanie. I remember when I went every 6 weeks. Then 4. Then 3 and now, and I blame it on the scorching summer sun, I go about every 17 days! Good grief. Anyway, we were discussing a topic quite common to the female gender. Weight! I have reached a new low, or high really. In February of 2007 I started on Weight Watchers with my mom. We didn't attend meetings but we did it on our own but together. I lost 38 lbs from February to May. Along with the WW program I was walking 4 miles each day. I don't know a time I felt better. Carrying around extra weight is tiring. For 3 years I rarely varied more than 3 lbs up or down from what I call my happy weight. Then Rick and I went on a cruise in February of 2010 to celebrate our 20th anniversary... I gained 6 lbs that week. 6 lbs in 5 days...really? I never lost it. Additionally I gained over the past several months 7 more. So, do the math. I'm 13 lbs from my happy weight. I don't aspire to be a runway model or on the cover of magazines but I really do like the clothes I intentionally have purchased. Mostly classic styles that withstand the test of time. The majority hang there untouched. So, back to Sunday.
We both discussed our desire to rid ourselves of some excess weight and by the time my hair was back to the color I love...We had committed to do this thing together. I've never tried this 'diet' before. I typically do WW because it's sensible and it works. BUT, I am game for new things. I am also on somewhat of a time crunch. We leave for Florida in 18 short days but I think I can have 6-7 lbs off by then following this plan. He claims 4 lbs a week but I'm more realistic, or skeptical - either way, I'll be thrilled with 6-7 lbs over the next 18 days but if I lose the 4 per week he claims is completely doable..then score! I'd have 12 lbs off in 18 days. We shall see. Hey, the people on Biggest Loser can lose that in a week!
The Belly Fat Cure! Jorge Cruise is the author and he is backed by several respected people including Dr. Oz. Belly fat apparently is not only unattractive but unhealthy. I don't have a lot of belly fat quite honestly but I have plenty in other places - I'm assuming I'll lose it there! :) I confess Stephanie had to give me a nutritional lesson because the math on this plan challenges my little brain but it does follow closely to a diabetic plan which she is familiar. Basically it's based on a 15/6 formula. That means I have a limit and furthermore, this 15/6 is not a goal to reach but a goal to stay below. Each day I can eat 15 grams of sugar and 6 servings of carbs! For a reference point.. 1/2 cup of Blue Bell has 20 grams (1 Serving) of carbs. It has 17 grams of sugar which exceeds the daily limit so guess what I have to cut from my daily intake. Yep. Oh well. Who needs ice cream!? So, it's not bad at all! Yesterday I actually felt satisfied and enjoyed everything I ate. Oh, added bonus - Coffee with Truvia and cream is completely legal and counts as 0/0 on the plan so I get to enjoy my morning coffee! Yea me!
Here is the plan for today ~
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in 1 T butter and mushrooms
1 slice of toast w/ butter
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
Snack: handful of walnuts
Lunch: 2 slices bread (none of that thin dry stuff...the real deal bread)
Tuna salad w/ real mayo, Dijon mustard, hard-boiled egg, etc
Wholly guacamole w/ 6 pita chips
Snack: Chocolate lovers shake - sounds good and easy - just need to purchase a few things to make it
Dinner: Very Veggie Pizza - wish you could see the picture ..it looks delish
Sara Lee Pita Bread topped with Tomato Basil sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, olives,
parmesan and mozerrella cheese!
Snack: Almonds
I think I should also begin walking again. I've not done any form of exercise in way too long! I'll let you know how it goes.
Til then...
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
1 comment:
All of that sounds delicious! I've gained 10 pounds since living in Memphis....good good BBQ!!! Let me know how it goes! Miss you dearly!
Post a Comment