Monday, July 11, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

The heat is oppressive.  Really. I realize it's summer. I realize we live in Oklahoma but seriously, the triple digit temps day after day after day are stiffling!  Yesterday the girls were bored and hot and me being the task oriented soul I am I suggested they put on their swimsuits and bathe the dogs. They jumped at that and for a moment all 3 girls and all 3 dogs enjoyed the cool of the water. In the end the dogs were better for it and the girls were glad they did it. I was able to capture some sweet shots of our family pets. Each has a history and a special place in our hearts.


 This is Bailey. We got her when Kyleigh was 22 months old. Our pastors daughter had been given her as a 6 week old puppy but they couldn't keep her. They asked if we were interested and of course I couldn't say no to her. They'd named her Princess but we renamed her Bailey.  She's sweet and gentle and has always adapted to new dogs with ease. She's getting so grey it makes me sad but despite her age she is always eager to play fetch and loves to be loved on. I think the bath gave her new life!
 This is Bo. He was dumped off at my mother-in-laws house in the country 3 summers ago. He was only a puppy and he was covered in ticks. He compliantly laid on our floor while we picked them off for hours. He then got a bath and he became part of our family. Sweetest disposition of any dog I have ever known. He and Bailey live outside together. Bo has a habit of standing on his doghouse and looking over the fence. All the neighbors know him and get a kick out of him.


 Here he is looking over our fence watching people go by~!

Lexi. This pet we chose. She is a princess. Quite a companion dog and has such a personality it is amazing. She sticks closeby to Kyleigh especially and literally cries when Ky is gone for more than  a few hours. She's learned some fun tricks and is generally just fun to have around. It's amazing how you can grow to love an animal but each of our 3 pets are unique and we do love them all! Especially when they are clean :)

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...