Big changes and new beginnings!
Loaded and ready! Left bright and early at 7:00 a.m. and Addi rode shotgun!
The room looks much different now! The beds are bunked and the wardrobes are separated now and the tv and xbox are angled in that corner - strategically placed of course for the best viewing and playing pleasure - I thought I took an after picture...oh well!
Hunter has made the move to college. The whole process was surreal and I continue to float back and forth between excitement for him and grief for me. Maybe it would be easier if he wasn't so involved in our day to day family life...or if I just didn't enjoy his presence so much but he's always brought so much joy to my life! He spends a lot of time with us so his absence is deeply felt but I suspect it would be either way. On the other hand I am so excited for this new phase for him.
He has a whole new world in front of him and especially in the next ten years he will experience so many new beginnings! That is exciting. I am excited to see him grow physically and spiritually and to become all that God intends for him to be. We'll be sharing in those times of course but right now the day to day is taking some big getting used to. It's a new normal but I have to say from this side of things...way overrated. I miss my boy.
Just a few things I have noticed and missed in the past 2 days...I miss his massive truck taking up so much room in the garage. I miss knowing he's sleeping right next door to me and Rick. I miss him loading up with Rick and the girls to go ride horses on Saturday mornings. I miss hearing the squeak of his towel rack when he dries his hands. I miss hearing him stir the instant breakfast into his milk every morning. I miss the wrappers left behind all over the house from the fruit snacks he devours. I miss hearing him joke around and wrestle with Preslie or ask Kyleigh if she wants some chicken or beef! I miss him sitting on the couch watching endless hours of hunting. I miss him sitting in his spot at the dinner table. I miss him going to church with us. I miss seeing him take Addison with him to the chinese place at the food court after church. I miss hearing him sing and strum the guitar. I miss him coming in before he goes to bed to tell us goodnight and inevitably start a long, deep conversation. I simply miss knowing he's coming home each day.
But I am also so proud of him. So proud that he's brave and he's taking this next step in lifes journey and embracing all that it has to offer him! It's all good!
The room looks much different now! The beds are bunked and the wardrobes are separated now and the tv and xbox are angled in that corner - strategically placed of course for the best viewing and playing pleasure - I thought I took an after picture...oh well!
Hunter has made the move to college. The whole process was surreal and I continue to float back and forth between excitement for him and grief for me. Maybe it would be easier if he wasn't so involved in our day to day family life...or if I just didn't enjoy his presence so much but he's always brought so much joy to my life! He spends a lot of time with us so his absence is deeply felt but I suspect it would be either way. On the other hand I am so excited for this new phase for him.
He has a whole new world in front of him and especially in the next ten years he will experience so many new beginnings! That is exciting. I am excited to see him grow physically and spiritually and to become all that God intends for him to be. We'll be sharing in those times of course but right now the day to day is taking some big getting used to. It's a new normal but I have to say from this side of things...way overrated. I miss my boy.
Just a few things I have noticed and missed in the past 2 days...I miss his massive truck taking up so much room in the garage. I miss knowing he's sleeping right next door to me and Rick. I miss him loading up with Rick and the girls to go ride horses on Saturday mornings. I miss hearing the squeak of his towel rack when he dries his hands. I miss hearing him stir the instant breakfast into his milk every morning. I miss the wrappers left behind all over the house from the fruit snacks he devours. I miss hearing him joke around and wrestle with Preslie or ask Kyleigh if she wants some chicken or beef! I miss him sitting on the couch watching endless hours of hunting. I miss him sitting in his spot at the dinner table. I miss him going to church with us. I miss seeing him take Addison with him to the chinese place at the food court after church. I miss hearing him sing and strum the guitar. I miss him coming in before he goes to bed to tell us goodnight and inevitably start a long, deep conversation. I simply miss knowing he's coming home each day.
But I am also so proud of him. So proud that he's brave and he's taking this next step in lifes journey and embracing all that it has to offer him! It's all good!
No comments:
Post a Comment