These are 2 words the Lord keeps putting in my path. To be honest I had to look them up! I am still working to memorize 100 verses every one should know...according to Robert j Morgan anyway. ;) Anyway I have committed to memory 52 so I'm a little over half way. It has actually been quite amazing. It's been extraordinary how many times I have needed to recall one of them for myself or someone else. So Romans 12:11 says "never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
Great verse. It uses the word never...hard. But it's so challenging and when you realize if he tells us to do it he equips us to do it. Through His power, not something we muster up. Zeal can be defined as enthusiastic devotion. You see many people with zeal towards a sports team or a job, children even. Most are unashamed and don't mind if people think they're fanatics about those things. But God wants us to show enthusiastic devotion to HIM! Fervor can be defined by one word...intensity. So the verse then comes to mean always live with enthusiastic devotion to the Lord and serve him with spiritual intensity. Wow, what a difference we, as Christians could make for his glory if we lived this way! Certainly a challenge to me :)
Blessings!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment