Friday, December 16, 2011

Changes

Change is inevitable. I've heard it said that the only thing that doesn't change is change. Actually that's not true. The only constant in life is God. He does not change and I cling to that truth daily. Malachi 3:6 says that, "I, the Lord, do not change."  How desperately we need to know and believe that! In the world of uncertainty how grateful I am that He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

2012 is already foretelling that much change will occur. Not just in my own life but the lives of people I care about. Yesterday I was standing in the doorway of a precious friend as she shared how drastically her family's life was changing. She encouraged me with her solid faith that God is just as good, loving and faithful today as he was yesterday and he will be tomorrow. Her daily dependence on him is a great testimony. As I stood speaking with her I got a phone call from one of my most treasured friends who also shared news about a huge change she and her family would be experiencing. Both of these caught me by surprise but thankfully, they did not catch our God by surprise.

It is comforting that in the midst of change we can be certain that God has a plan. He is in control and he promises never to leave or forsake us.

Last night I spoke with my bff about a really difficult time her family is going through. Having walked a similar road I gave her the encouragement I could but I know the pain she is enduring. So does God. I cover my friends, especially these three friends right now, in prayer. I know God is who He says He is. I trust Him and I am grateful that they do too!

I read something in my quiet time yesterday, hours before I heard from my  friends what was going on in their lives. It said, "Live your life as though it would not make sense except for God." What a great challenge! What is foolishness to the world makes perfect sense to those of us who are believers! It doesn't make sense to have joy in the midst of trouble. It doesn't make sense to have peace in the midst of storms. But He makes sense and my life has been proof that He is faithful.

God gives us grace and new mercies every morning to use on this day. We don't have to 'worry' about tomorrow. His grace is for today and He is sufficient.

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...