After church yesterday the family decided to stop by a town on the way home to visit some open houses. We knew the areas we wanted to look so we drove there looking for new construction open houses. We are not planning to buy an existing house there or anywhere but we are in search of ideas of things we like and don't like.
We had looked at a couple of houses and made notes, measured rooms and gathered information. We had 2 more houses to stop at and we drove down the street and there was house flagged with 3 foot banners and "open house" signs in the yard. We approached the door and it was locked so we began walking back to our cars.
Suddenly, a man in a truck drove up and said he was the builders manager and offered to open the house back up and told us to look around and make ourselves at home. He and Rick visited a bit about the size and ammenities and then he left and we wandered around looking and making notes.
All 7 of us were lounging around in a bonus room discussing the pros and cons and two people walked in and asked what we were doing. He proceeded to tell us, in a not to happy manner I might add, that this was their house and they had put a contract on it and planned to close in 2 weeks. AWKWARD moment! We apologized profusely all the while making our way to the front door. They were none too happy with the situation.
Rick, being the cordial, sweet, peace-maker that he is, explained to them all that had taken place from the time we drove up til the present. Rick stated the obvious that it was clearly marked as an open house and the man had opened it up to us to roam around! The man had his phone on ready, no doubt planning to give the manager a big piece of his mind. Wowzers, I'm glad I'm not him!
We left. We're now gun-shy about open houses. Rick made us get back on the horse and view more houses to get us over it! We did. We're not over it. The end!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment