Friday, January 20, 2012

Order My Steps

There've been times in my life that I have not 'allowed' the Lord to direct my steps. Too many times. But because God is good and He wants to refine me and make me more like Him, He is constantly working in my life to make my desires line up with His ways. I've certainly been guilty often enough to ask Him to bless my ways. How backwards. I am awed at how I am, as I sit here typing this, hearing from Him. Not audibly but through His word - it's more than I can explain. He constantly proves that when we seek Him with all of our heart, we will find Him. 

My temperment has been one of 'I can do it' and many time this has not worked out so well. My cry to the Lord in the past many, many days has been, 'Please Lord, show me what step to take. I don't need to see the whole road, just one step. I so desire to walk in obedience and to walk the path you have set before me. I just am unclear what that is. I don't want to walk in my ways Lord but in Yours. Show me the way Lord - in your ways in your time. I'm waiting to move until You tell me. Until You show me the way, I will wait.' Please know I do not lack faith. I am quite certain He has a plan. I am fully convinced and persuaded of that fact.


This morning in my quiet time He led me to 2 different verses. They are very familiar to me but they fell fresh on me today. 

Isaiah 55:9, 11 which says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. So is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I have sent it. 

Also He led me to, 2 Corinthians 12. It says, "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Rick and I are in the midst of some 'big' decisions in our lives right now. We have been seeking Him in the decisions and for divine guidance and direction. The answers have not been real clear and today I have felt Him saying to me, BE STILL! (Psalm 46:10).  I want to say, 'But Lord, don't know you know me? Don't you know I don't know how to be still?!' But He does know me. He does know! He is so faithful to reveal how much He knows me and He has not been silent. I may not know what step to take but He has been constantly reminding me He is with me. He has not left and He has not forgotten. He continues to faithfully encourage me through His word. He does have great plans and in His perfect way and His perfect time He will reveal them...one step at a time.

As I was typing this just a moment ago I had opened my Holy Bible app on my Ipad. I put in the search the word, "STEPS" because His word is my plumb line. I want everything I do or don't do to line up with His word. I want to filter every decision through His word. As I am desperate to know what step to take or not to take I am searching His word to see what He says about my steps. So I was skimming through the verses on steps and at that very moment my baby child, Preslie, came up to show me that she had completed her handwriting for the day. She told me (before she showed me) that it was a really long verse. :) So I turned to look at it her work and read her 'very long verse' so I could encourage and praise her hard work! Here is what I saw... 




Seriously!? Now, I just don't believe that was a coincidence. I stopped and read it and smiled through tears knowing that God was speaking to me. I thanked Preslie for bringing me her paper and told her God knew I needed that verse - right then...at that very moment! He used a small child to remind her mommy that He hears my prayers. He knows. This verse is one I will cling to today and everyday as He continues to create a dependence on Him. Not just in the big stuff but in the daily decisions. He knows how desperately I need Him.Just tell me what to do and I will do it , Lord. Make me walk along the right paths. Psalm 119:33, 35

Being still and waiting...

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...