This week has been rough. Really rough. My sweet girl Preslie got a tummy bug on Monday. It's Friday. She is still recovering but she had it bad. I'm hopeful she'll soon feel up to eating something, anything. Today we went to the doctor to make sure we were doing all we could. Her throat began hurting this morning in addition to the tummy troubles. Turns out on top of the tummy bug, she also has strep. I have to say that despite how sick she has been and how horrible she has felt, I'm awed by her heart. I'm awed and humbled by her faith and I'm more than anything just so grateful. Simply grateful for the many blessings that we've been given this week.
Preslie's first response to almost anything is to pray. We call her our little prayer warrior. If someone is sick, hurt, upset, happy, blessed - whatever the circumstance, Preslie always prays first and often. When she started feeling sick she wanted us to pray for her. We did. Throughout the week we prayed for and with her more times than I can count. Additionally, she prayed for herself. She would be feeling so sick and through her tears she would simply say, "Thank you Lord, for healing me." She would confess truth that has been hidden in her heart. Confessing aloud that "Jesus died for our sins and our sickness and by His stripes we were healed and if we were healed then we are healed." It awed me. Still does. Faith of a child.
When Preslie was just a small baby I would lay her on her changing table. Everytime I did she would look at the exact same spot in the ceiling and smile and coo. Consistently. This went on month after month. I would bring members of our family in to look up and none of us saw a thing. Preslie did. I know it was an angel she saw. It had to be. I always felt so encouraged by that. As I was going through my own personal health battle I loved knowing angels were around and that this sweet child of mine could see them.
I talked to a friend this week about her faith. I told her how awed I was by Preslie's faith and she reminded me that Preslie had seen heaven - angels - of course! I can't wait to see the ways God continues to use Preslie for His glory. I'm humbled by what I learn from her! I'm grateful to be her mommy!
I talked to a friend this week about her faith. I told her how awed I was by Preslie's faith and she reminded me that Preslie had seen heaven - angels - of course! I can't wait to see the ways God continues to use Preslie for His glory. I'm humbled by what I learn from her! I'm grateful to be her mommy!
God's word tells us in Phil 4:4-7 this:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petetion, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I could have found lots of reasons this week to whine and complain. But instead, we've prayed, we've trusted and we've seen the abundant blessings through the storms. Below is a picture of sweet Preslie. Today she received these balloons and this frog from Hunter's girlfriend, Kristen. That is one of the blessings from the week...many more below.
I offer my thanksgiving to our most gracious Heavenly Father!
Blessings this week - just some of the things I'm grateful :
* I am alive and well and fully able to care for my sweet girl - something I never take for granted
* For Rick's job that allows him to check in on us throughout the day - that allows me to be home full-time
* For sonic slushes
* For sisters who endlessly bring books for me to read her
* For beautiful weather
* For school at home that allows us to do life!
* For the flexibility of my family
* For a brother who calls to check on his sister every day
* For a family who prays for one another
* For Mimi, just down the street, who has run countless errands for me this week
* For sweet friends and family who check in on us and pray for us
* That it's just a tummy bug and not a serious illness
* For medicine
* For mercies that are new every morning and grace for the day
* For rest
* For a daddy who loves his girl more than himself
* For sisters who genuinely love one another
* For teenagers in our lives who are selfless, caring and thoughtful
* For a house without stairs
* For a card Preslie received in the mail unexpectedly this week but that was perfectly on time!
* For a savior who paid it all - all to Him I owe!
So many little glimpses of things this week - I could go on and on but my heart is overwelmed with thankfulness.

No comments:
Post a Comment