Never a day goes by that I don't count my many, many blessings but this time of year I especially am thankful! I find it necessary to intentionally focus on how blessed I am each and every day.
Like everyone, I still have frustrations, irritations and various trials but I so need to remember how blessed I am! I remember my dad praying at dinnertime and always he always said...'thank you for the many blessings You bestow on us.' Blessings are from our most gracious heavenly Father! He is good. It's not just the the big things I'm thankful for but the little things as well. So many throughout each and every day.
In just a few days I celebrate another milestone! I truly thank God many times a day for excellent health but as July 3 approaches I am even more grateful. I am about to celebrate 9 years of being cancer free! This milestone is always a big deal to me!
Nine years ago my world was completely rocked but I love seeing 1 Peter 1:6-7 being played out in my life: In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
I am so thankful. Really, as cliche as it sounds, good health is critical and until there is a huge health issue I'm not sure we really take that cliche seriously. But, I am seriously thankful. Thankful I am healthy. Thankful for the excellent health of each person in my family and that I am here being wife to Rick, mom to my four precious gifts from God and that although we live in a fallen world I am richly blessed in abundant ways!
This is the day the Lord has made - I will rejoice and be glad in it!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment